Monday, September 27, 2004

Hurricane Survivor!

Queen Me speaks . . .

The Angel Queen sent me an e-mail in response to my, "Did you survive this time message." Here's what she said:

"Allyn, what a storm!!! We are safe and just got our electricity back. It was off for almost 24 hours - not bad at all. The winds were the worst of it for me - just wouldn't stop - 18 hours straight of winds that were 50 to 75 mph gusting to 100 mph. I asked for help from the angels (to protect my house, car and the palm trees). We had no damage. Others here did - lots of screen porches destroyed and lots of things, heavy things, blown around. Trees down, too. Flooding, too. So much water and wind!"

So, yea! Maybe, after four hurricanes (count them), four, Floridians can rest easy (and all other folks in the path of the aftermaths). I read somewhere that the last time this happened it was in the State of Texas (around 1850's). Hopefully, we can wait another 100+ years before it occurs again.