Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Your Tiara Calls!

Queen Me shares . . .

This morning started like most other days. After getting my daughter on the school bus, I walked right into my routine. While dressing for the day, I felt compelled to wear purple. I put on a purple shirt and then topped it off with a purple jacket. While selecting jewelry to wear, I again felt a queenly push. I reached for my tiara things. I carefully slipped on the beautiful tiara ring my mother gave me for Christmas. I then selected my tiara earrings. Ah, I was feeling the Queen Power.

Ready to start the workday, I spied my tiara on the corner of my desk. Okay, guess what I did? Yep! I put on my tiara. I wore my tiara all day. At odd times throughout the day, I would catch a glimpse of myself and smile. Usually, I forgot I had it on—but, seeing the shine and shimmer, warmed my heart and fed my soul.

Mid-day and during my lunch break, I decided it was time to ‘scoop up the poop’ in the backyard. Some yard folks are coming this week and I certainly didn’t want them dealing with it. Usually, I get my daughter in on the deal, but today I decided to tackle it alone. Maybe it was the tiara? I’m not completely sure. But no matter, as I scooped I felt as if I was doing one of the most important jobs in the world. Yes, I was the Queen of Scoop! With my tiara jewels shimmering in the sunlight, I cheerfully cleaned my yard.

Tomorrow we’re having a birthday celebration for one of my local Queen Power friends. We’re taking our tiaras to wear while we dine. Although always uneasy about playing dress up in the beginning, I end up having a great time. We’re planning to take a picture. So, I hope to be sharing that with you soon. Of course, every member of my Queen Power team will have to approve it before it’s posted. So, that could take us years!
Take care! And wear your tiara whenever you get the chance.